Withering of Edion
The Order of the True Lord
A new religion has risen in Edion, born from the prophesies of the first “unclouded,” as prophets are called. He forsaw a God, who was angry with his children for forgetting him, and thus decided to give them one last chance at redemption, thus bestowing the knowlege foundations of the church onto this man. The church spread like wildfire, grabbing a hold of the Western government and is now the main body running the land.
The basic teachings of the Order of the True Lord are:
- Before we were born we lived with The True Lord. He then took us and made us mortal to test our faith in him.
- We failed. We forgot him, and began to worship a different, false deity (The World).
- The Unclouded can see or hear the will of The True Lord, and thier words should be treated as words from Him.
- The spirits of the righteously dead work along side The True Lord, to assist and reward the good, and punish the wicked.
- The actions of those you associate reflect on you, so be wary of those you choose to be around.
- Anyone who knows of the Order and does not choose to join are considered wicked, and are to be punished by Him, and shunned by you.
- Anyone who practices magic not taught by or in a facility of the church is considered wicked.
- Those who die in wickedness shall be punished for all eternity, cast out into a void of pain and loneliness forever.
- Those who die in righteousness shall return to The True God and become “avenging spirits.”
- This is truth, and the truth must be told to all. It is everyone’s mission to spread His message, to bring the world together and stomp out the wicked who seek to pull us down and make us fail the test of life.
The church has many sections, including hierarchy of the clergy, hospice, schools, and even government and military personnel.